Skip to navigation
Skip to page content
Find a recipe for every occasion
This foolproof guide to cooking turkey proves there are only six steps to gourmet heaven.
1. Bring the bird up to room temperature.
2. Smear softened butter under the turkey skin and over the legs. Season well.
3. Weigh the turkey, after it has been stuffed, and calculate the cooking time.
4. Put the turkey on a rack set inside a roasting tin.
5. Cover the turkey and tin loosely with foil, sealing it well under the rim of the tin.
6. Roast at 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5 for the calculated cooking time, removing the foil 30 minutes before the end so that the skin can brown.
We've got the answers to all your turkey dilemmas this Christmas - whether it's boning the bird or how best to stuff it, we'll show you how.
Find all the answers to your turkey dilemmas this Christmas in this ultimate collection of turkey recipes, including ideas for making the most of all those wonderful leftovers.
(You have to be registered and signed-in to make a comment)
Don't miss this exclusive subscription offer to receive the 6 issues of delicious. for just £10.99. That's a fantastic 50% SAVING on the cover price!
delicious. mag recipe index
For those loyal delicious. readers who keep their magazines each month, you may find our downloadable recipe index useful...
delicious. shopping lists
Download these handy shopping lists from everyday delicious. In every month's issue: Everything you need for delicious shortcut suppers.
Cooking conversion tables
In this handy section, you'll find oven temperatures, weights for dry ingredients, liquid measures and tablespoon conversions for the UK, US and Australia – all in one tidy place.