The long Easter weekend is the perfect time for brunch with friends and family. These recipes take just 60 minutes to make yet the finished spread looks and tastes magnificent.
Spinach, bacon and cheddar muffins
Turkish-style poached eggs with yogurt and chilli butter
Frozen berry yogurt with passion fruit topping
The 60-minute countdown: to eat at noon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Make the spinach, bacon and cheddar muffins and put straight into the oven to cook.
- While the muffins are baking, make the frozen yogurt, then transfer to an airtight plastic container and put in the freezer.
- Make the Bloody Mary mixture (without the ice and celery sticks), then put into the fridge to cool.
- Fill a large pan of water from the kettle and bring to the boil.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and cool on a rack.
- Toast the bread or pittas. Start poaching your eggs in the pan of boiling water, 3 at a time.
- Divide the yogurt among the serving bowls, then make the hot chilli butter.
- Remove the frozen yogurt from the freezer. Scoop into bowls and top with passion fruit seeds.
- Pour the Bloody Mary mix into a jug of ice, then put on the table with 6 glasses with celery sticks.
- Sit down and enjoy.