375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
3 tbsp double cream
2 x 410g cans apricot halves in syrup or fruit juice
Drizzling of honey
Sprinkling of chopped pistachios
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Unroll the puff pastry and place on a baking sheet. Trim off any scraggy edges and chill in the fridge.
2. Chop the marzipan and whizz with the double cream in a food processor to make a paste. Spread over the pastry, leaving a 2-3cm border all the way around.
3. Drain the apricot halves, pat dry, and arrange, cut-side up, on the marzipan. Drizzle with honey, to taste, and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the edges are risen and golden.
4. Transfer to a wooden board, dust with icing sugar and sprinkle with chopped pistachios before serving.
- Try making these in individual portions for friends; they will look impressive but are actually very simple. Just use smaller squares of pastry and follow the rest of the recipe.