- 2 large beetroot, peeled and coarsely grated (220g grated weight)
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 500g puff pastry
- Plain flour for dusting
- 200g goat’s cheese, cut into rounds
- Handful of watercress
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Place the beetroot in a bowl with the crème fraîche, horseradish and the chopped dill. Season well, then mix to combine.
- Put a baking sheet in the oven. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to the thickness of a pound coin. Cut out a rough 28cm circle, discard the trimmings, then put on a flat baking sheet (this makes it easier to transfer the tart to the preheated baking sheet).
- Spread the beetroot over the pastry, leaving a 2cm border around the edge, then top with the goat’s cheese. Transfer the tart to the preheated baking sheet, then cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the pastry is golden and crisp. Scatter over the dill sprigs and top with the watercress to serve.
- You may want to wear rubber gloves when peeling and grating the beetroot so your hands don’t get stained.