- 50g oatmeal
- 175g wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp baking flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 100g cold unsalted butter, diced
- 3 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Mix the oatmeal, wholemeal flour, baking flour, salt and caster sugar in a large bowl.
- Rub in cold unsalted butter, diced, then add the milk and knead lightly to form a dough. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Roll out on a floured surface to 3mm thickness. Cut into squares or rounds and place on a non-stick baking sheet. Prick with a fork and bake for 12 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool before eating. Will keep for a week in an airtight tin.
- Once baked, they keep for up to a week in an airtight tin.