- 250g fresh or frozen cherries
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 3 tbsp cherry brandy, brandy, kirsch or any fruit liqueur
- 200g chocolate sponge cake or 4 chocolate muffins
- 250ml good-quality vanilla ice cream
- 50g plain chocolate, roughly grated
- Place the cherries in a pan with the sugar and brandy or liqueur. Cook gently over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes until the cherries are softened but still hold their shape. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Slice the cake into 4 pieces, then divide among serving bowls or cups. Spoon over half of the juice from the cherries, then top with scoops of ice cream, the cherries and more juice. Finish with the grated chocolate.
- Frozen cherries already have their stones removed, however, if you’re using fresh cherries make sure you let your guests know that they still have the stones in.