- 200g bulgur wheat
- 1 cucumber, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 6 medium tomatoes, diced
- Bunch of spring onions or 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Large bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- Large bunch of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice 1 large lemon
- Place the bulgur wheat in a large bowl and pour over boiling water until just covered. Cover with a clean tea towel and stand for 15 minutes, until tender. Drain the bulgur wheat well and place in a sieve. Squeeze out the excess water using a spoon.
- Place the cucumber, tomatoes, onions and herbs in a large bowl and toss together well. Add the drained bulgur wheat, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice and season well to taste.
- Serve with griddled or barbecued chicken breast.
- This calls for a crisp, refreshing Sauvignon Blanc. Pick one from France’s Loire Valley.