- 2 ready-roasted chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- a knob of butter
- 110g baby leeks
- 70g pack smoked bacon lardons
- 170g mustard and tarragon cooking sauce or 170g of your favourite creamy sauce
- 100ml double cream
- 450g pack ready-made mashed potato with cheese
- Preheat the grill to high. Remove the skin from the chicken breasts, and thickly slice the meat.
- In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil and butter, then fry the leeks and bacon lardons for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes more. Pour the cooking sauce, cream and a splash of water into the pan. Bubble until warmed through, check the seasoning, then spoon between 2 x 500ml pie dishes.
- Meanwhile, cook mashed potato in the microwave according to pack instructions. Spoon the mash over the pies and pop them under the grill for 3 minutes to brown.
- These fabulous pies would work equally well with puff pastry tops.