- 1.5 litres good-quality chicken stock
- A knob of peeled fresh ginger
- 1 red chilli
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 200g dried rice noodles
- 400g diced chicken breast
- 6 halved baby pak choi
- A few fresh mint and basil leaves
- 1 sliced red chilli
- 3 sliced spring onions
- Place 1.5 litres good-quality chicken stock in a large pan with a knob of peeled fresh ginger, 1 red chilli, 4 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce and 200g dried rice noodles. Bring to a boil, add 400g diced chicken breast, then simmer for 4 minutes. For the final minute, remove the ginger and chilli and discard, then add 6 halved baby pak choi to the pan and cover with a lid.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and garnish with a few fresh mint and basil leaves, 1 sliced red chilli and 3 sliced spring onions.