- 50g watercress, large stalks removed
- 50g wild rocket
- 50g baby leaf spinach
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 100g canned chickpeas, drained, or dried chickpeas, cooked and drained
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
For the avocado dressing
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Mix the leaves and carrot together and divide between 4 plates or 1 serving platter. Tuck the halved cherry tomatoes and pepper slices among the leaves and scatter over the chickpeas and seeds.
- Make the the avocado dressing. Halve the avocado and remove the stone. Scoop the flesh into the smallest bowl of your food processor and add the mustard, lemon juice and Tabasco sauce. Blend until smooth, and then, with the motor still running, gradually pour in the oil and 2-3 tablespoons warm water. Season to taste. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.
- For an alternative mustard dressing, put 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard into a small bowl with 1 teaspoon white or red wine vinegar and mix together. Whisk in 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil very gradually. It will get very thick. Gradually whisk in 11/2 tablespoons cold water, a pinch of caster sugar and a little seasoning. Add some avocado to the salad.