75g small sultanas
5 tbsp honey
50g unsalted butter
125g risotto rice
100ml extra-thick double cream
50g shelled and skinned pistachios, roughly smashed
1. Place the milk, sultanas and honey in a small pan and set aside for 15 minutes until the sultanas plump up. Heat for 2 minutes to warm through.
2. Melt the butter in a large non-stick pan and stir in the rice. Cook for 1 minute, then add half of the warm milk (use a spoon to stop the sultanas escaping), and cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Pour in the remaining warm milk and the sultanas. Stir and cook for a further 8-10 minutes, until the rice is tender. Not all of the milk will have been absorbed into the rice at this stage, but it will during cooling.
4. Cover the rice (see delicious. tip) and leave in a cool place for 2 hours. Divide the risotto between bowls and top with a spoonful of cream and a sprinkling of pistachios to serve.
- Lay a circle of baking paper on the surface of the risotto while it cools to prevent a skin forming.
- French Muscat de Beaumes-de-Venise makes a really good, honey-rich partner here.