- 300g waxy potatoes (such as rooster or vivaldi potatoes)
- 200g chorizo, sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 100ml double cream
- 40g Parmesan or Grana Padano, grated
- A bunch of chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the grill to medium. Cut the potatoes into chunks. Bring to the boil in a pan of salted water, then simmer for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat a large, non-stick, ovenproof frying pan and add the chorizo. Fry for 5 minutes over a medium heat, until slightly crisp. Drain off any excess oil, then add the red onion and cook with the chorizo for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together eggs, double cream, cheese and a bunch of chopped fresh chives in a bowl. Season well, then add the potatoes to the egg mixture with half the fried chorizo and all of the fried onion, stirring until well mixed. Pour the mixture into the frying pan. Dot the remaining chorizo over the top of the frittata.
- Cook over a low heat for 15 minutes, until almost set, then finish off under the grill for a couple of minutes until golden brown and set.
- If you can, buy your potatoes loose. This means you can just buy as many as you need, so you don’t end up with wasted green sprouting spuds.