2 tbsp olive oil
3 chicken breasts
2 anchovy fillets
150g button mushrooms
4 tbsp double cream
2 tbsp flatleaf parsley
1. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan and gently fry 2 shallots, sliced, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add 3 chicken breasts, sliced, and brown all over.
2. Add 2 anchovy fillets and fry for a few minutes. Pour in 200ml cider and cook for 10 minutes, until reduced.
3. Meanwhile, melt a knob of butter in a pan and gently fry 150g button mushrooms, halved, until tender. Stir 4 tbsp double cream, a squeeze of lemon juice and 2 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley into the pan with the chicken and season.
4. Add the mushrooms and serve with baked potatoes.
- Omit the anchovies and add 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika and swap the cider for chicken stock. Add a splash of brandy with the cream to make a delicious chicken stroganoff.