- 200ml made-up hot strong Cafédirect espresso coffee
- 4 scoops good-quality vanilla ice cream
- Plain chocolate (optional)
- Make the espresso coffee, which will be enough for 4 little after-dinner coffee cups.
- Put the ice cream into 4 dessert glasses or cups. Drown (the literal meaning of affogato) each with coffee and serve while warm and melting. For an added treat, you could melt a few pieces of plain chocolate in the hot coffee before pouring over the ice cream.
- Baileys Ice Cream is also delicious, even though it’s not the real Italian job.