- 2 celeriac, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves
- 600ml whole milk
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Splash of double cream
- Knob of butter
- Small bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Place the celeriac and garlic in a pan with just enough milk to cover, and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, put a lid on the pan, then simmer gently for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Drain any remaining milk and reserve.
- Using a stick blender, whizz the celeriac to make a purée, pouring in just enough of the reserved milk to give a smooth consistency. Add the spices, cream and butter, then whizz again. Stir through the parsley, season to taste and serve.