- 1 portion basic curry sauce
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken pieces, such as thighs or breasts, cut into cubes
- 50g ground almonds
- 100ml double cream
- 25g flaked almonds, toasted
- Defrost the curry sauce overnight in the fridge. Heat the groundnut oil in a large saucepan and cook the chicken pieces until golden brown all over.
- Stir in the defrosted curry sauce, ground almonds, double cream and 100ml water. Simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce is creamy and thickened.
- Divide the curry between 4 bowls, garnish with toasted flaked almonds and serve with naan bread sprinkled with chopped fresh coriander, steamed basmati rice and wilted spinach, if you like.
- This is lovely accompanied by steamed rice and wilted spinach.
Make a big batch of our basic curry sauce, then use it as the base for this recipe or the Lamb rogan josh or Prawn madras recipes.