- 200g dried pasta, like penne
- 125g pancetta or bacon lardons (or 6 chopped streaky bacon rashers)
- 4 sliced flat or portabella mushrooms
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- Generous splash of olive oil
- 150g Boursin garlic & herbs cheese
- 3 handfuls of fresh basil leaves (save some for decoration)
- Cook pasta according to the packet instructions, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over a high heat. Add pancetta or bacon lardons and fry for 5 minutes, stirring, until golden. Add mushrooms and red chilli. Add olive oil and cook for 4-5 minutes, then reduce the heat slightly.
- Add garlic cheese and a splash of water. Stir until melted, then bring to a simmer. Cook for 1 minute to thicken, and season to taste.
- Stir in the cooked pasta with torn basil leaves. Divide between bowls and scatter with more whole basil leaves to serve.