1 tbsp olive oil
4 pork chops
2 whole garlic cloves, peeled
2 leeks, washed and sliced
A glass of white wine
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
100ml chicken stock
50ml double cream
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
A good squeeze of lemon juice
Fresh flatleaf parsley leaves, to serve
Mashed potato, to serve
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan and fry 4 pork chops with the garlic over a medium heat for 5 minutes each side. Discard the garlic and set the chops aside, covered with foil to keep warm.
2. Add the leeks to the pan and cook for 6 minutes. Add a glass of white wine to the pan and reduce by two-thirds, then stir in mustard, chicken stock and double cream and season well.
3. Bubble for a couple more minutes, then add
chopped fresh parsley and a good squeeze of lemon juice.
4. Sprinkle with fresh flatleaf parsley leaves. Serve the pork and creamy sauce with mashed potato, if you like.
- Cut the pork into strips. Fry with the garlic and 150g chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced. Follow the recipe, but swap the mustard for 1 tbsp smoked paprika for a speedy stroganoff.
- If the recipe calls for wine, then use one that you can drink with the meal. If you don’t fancy drinking wine, you can just use some extra stock in the recipe.