- 400ml double cream
- 200ml milk
- 4 medium free-range egg yolks
- 2-3 tbsp caster sugar
- 50ml Grand Marnier or other orange-flavoured liqueur
- 8 croissants, split in half
- 8 tbsp marmalade
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- Heat the cream and milk in a pan until almost boiling. Remove from the heat. In a bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar, then pour the cream over, stirring. Add the Grand Marnier and set aside.
- Butter a 1.5-litre ovenproof dish. Spread each croissant half with marmalade, then layer in the dish, sprinkling with chocolate. Pour the custard over and leave to soak for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Bake for 25-30 minutes until softly set and golden.