350g mixed berries, such as raspberries, blueberries and cranberries (or use frozen fruits
of the forest berries, thawed and drained), plus extra to decorate
3 tbsp icing sugar, plus extra to serve
3 tbsp Grand Marnier or any brandy
12 soft amaretti biscuits
6 tbsp berry compote (we like
Bonne Maman Berries and Cherries)
50g caster sugar
(sh) For the eggnog custard
300ml full-fat milk
2 large egg yolks
2 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp caster sugar
3 tbsp advocaat liqueur
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Stir the berries, icing sugar and Grand Marnier or brandy together in a bowl. Macerate for 20 minutes.
2. Divide the amaretti biscuits between 6 glasses. Top each with 1 tablespoon of compote, then spoon in half the mixed berries.
3. In a bowl, mix the mascarpone and sugar together. Spoon this over the fruit, then chill for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the eggnog custard. Put the milk in a pan and heat but do not boil. Put the egg yolks, cornflour and sugar in a bowl and beat together well. Pour the milk over the egg mixture and whisk until well combined. Return to the pan.
5. Stir over a low heat until the mixture thickens, but do not boil. Pour into a bowl and stir in the advocaat and vanilla. Put a piece of baking paper on the surface to prevent a skin forming. Cool.
6. Spoon the custard over the mascarpone and top with the remaining berries. Dust with icing sugar to serve.