- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 150g lardons (or chopped streaky bacon)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 7 large eggs
- 142ml carton double cream
- 5 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 200g pack Discover Feta, drained
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan160C/gas 4. Grease and line the base of each flan tin or 10 of the holes in the muffin tin with oil and greaseproof paper. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the lardons until crisp and golden, about 5 minutes. Lift them onto a plate lined with kitchen paper, leaving as much of the oil behind in the pan as possible.
- Add the chopped onion and red pepper to the pan and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring, until the onion is soft and pale golden.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk a little before whisking in the cream. Add the chopped parsley and season with black pepper. Stir the cooked lardons into the onion and pepper mixture, then add to the egg mixture. Put the 8 flan moulds (see tip) on a baking sheet and divide the frittata mixture between them, or use the mixture to fill just 10 holes in the muffin tray. Divide the feta cheese between each flan mould or muffin hole.
- Carefully transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until puffed up and golden. Let the frittatas settle for 3 minutes, then run a knife around each one and lift them out. Serve hot or cold with wild rocket.
- To make these frittatas you will need either 8 x 10cm non-stick flan moulds or a deep 12-hole muffin tray (7 x 3cm).