- 190g jar oven-roasted tomatoes in oil
- 2 x 150g thick lamb neck fillets
- 2 tsp Middle eastern spice, such as baharat
- 6 filo pastry sheets
- 1 large aubergine, diced
- 75g baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 200°c/fan180°c/gas 6.
- Drain the tomatoes, reserving the oil, and roughly chop. Season the lamb, brush with a little of the reserved oil and coat in 1 tsp Middle eastern spice.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat, add the lamb and brown on all sides. Set aside.
- Layer 3 filo sheets, brushing each layer with a little oil. Repeat to make 2 piles of filo. Lay a lamb fillet in the centre of each filo pile and top with a quarter of the tomatoes. Fold the short ends in, then roll up to enclose.
- Place on a lined baking sheet, seam-side down, and brush with more oil. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the remaining oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the aubergine and the rest of the spice blend. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, then stir in the rest of the tomatoes and 150ml water. Simmer for 6-8 minutes. Stir in the spinach until wilted, then serve with the lamb parcels.