225g unsalted butter, at room temperature
397g tin condensed milk, at room temperature
75g potato starch
200g brown rice flour
4 medium eggs, beaten
3 level tsps gluten-free baking powder
3 tsps vanilla extract
2 tsps glycerine
3 tbsps olive oil
Butter and brown rice flour, to prepare the cake tins
Filling and decorations of your choice
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4. Grease 2 x 23cm round cake tins really well, then dust with brown rice flour. Knock out the excess flour.
2. Place the softened butter and condensed milk in a mixing bowl and mix them together. Add the starch, rice flour and beaten eggs and stir well. 3. Next, add the baking powder, vanilla extract, glycerine, oil and 3 tablespoons of warm water and mix well, preferably with an electric whisk.
4. Spoon or pour the mixture into the prepared tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until well risen and lightly browned.
5. Once cooked, leave to cool in the tins. Once cooled, remove from the tins. To finish, sandwich together with your favourite filling and decorate as desired.
6. This cake is best eaten fresh, but you can wrap it in foil or clingfilm for up to 2 days until needed.
- Once cooked this cake will dry out quickly, so wrap it in foil or eat fresh.