- 130g plain flour
- 1 large egg
- 300ml milk
- 1 tbsp melted butter
For the filling
- 200g fresh coconut, grated
- 1 tbsp unrefined caster sugar
- Pinch of ground nutmeg or ground cardamom or a drop of vanilla extract
- Honey, to serve
- Mix the flour and a pinch of salt together in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and gradually add the egg and milk, whisking to form a smooth batter. Add a little water to thin down, if necessary. Finally, mix in the melted butter.
- Heat a 12cm non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Pour in 3 tablespoons of the pancake mixture, tilting the pan slightly so the batter covers the entire base, and cook for about 2 minutes. Turn over and cook the other side for 2 minutes. Set aside and keep warm while you make the remaining 7 pancakes.
- Mix the filling ingredients together in a bowl. Spoon a generous amount of the mixture down the middle of each pancake and roll up.
- Drizzle the pancakes with honey and serve with vanilla ice cream or crème fraîche, if you prefer.