- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 stirato stick or mini ciabatta, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 12 slices speck or San Daniele ham
- Handful shaved Grana Padano
- Preheat the grill to medium. Grill the peppers for 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until the skin blisters and blackens. Place in a bowl, cover with a clean tea towel or cling film and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the bread slices on a baking sheet and toast on both sides under the grill. Arrange on a serving plate.
- Slit open the peppers and squeeze the juices into the bowl. Remove the skins and deseed. Cut into strips and add to the bowl with the chopped garlic, parsley, a little salt and the oil. Chill until ready to serve.
- When you’re ready to assemble, bring the pepper mix to room temperature. Top each crostini with some ham, sliced peppers, cheese shavings and a grinding of black pepper and serve.