75g diced pancetta
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
5 large eggs
75g Grana Padano, roughly chopped
Large handful fresh basil leaves, plus extra to serve
1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water according to the packet instructions, then drain well and set aside to cool a little.
2. Sizzle the pancetta in a 20cm non-stick ovenproof frying pan for 3-4 minutes, until it begins to crisp up. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a large bowl and beat well together. Remove the pancetta from the pan with a slotted spoon, then stir into the egg with the pasta, Grana Padano, basil leaves and some black pepper.
4. Put the frying pan back over a medium heat. Pour in the frittata mixture and cook for 8-10 minutes, until almost set. Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium.
5. Place the pan under the grill for 4-5 minutes, until golden brown and set.
6. Leave to sit in the pan for 5 minutes, then slide onto a chopping board. Cut into 4 or 8 wedges and serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with extra basil leaves and serve with a dressed mixed salad.