- 80g bulgur wheat
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 6 vine tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Handful pitted black olives
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 200g vegetarian feta, crumbled
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- Small bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Small bunch of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Put the bulgur wheat in a pan and pour 400ml boiling water on top. Place over a medium heat and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes until all the water is absorbed. Set aside with the lid off to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix the cucumber, tomato, olives, onion, feta, oregano, and lemon zest and juice in a bowl.
- Stir the cooled bulgur wheat into the salad with the herbs, and dress with the oil and balsamic vinegar.