- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 1 quantity Thai green curry paste or 2 tbsp Thai Taste Green Curry Paste (from major supermarkets)
- 300ml chicken stock, hot
- 3 fresh or dried kaffir lime leaves
- 5cm piece galangal, sliced
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 125g pea aubergines or regular aubergines
- Handful fresh Thai basil leaves, to taste
- Juice of 1 lime, to taste
- 1-2 tbsp Thai fish sauce (nam pla), to taste
- Spoon the coconut cream from the cans of coconut milk into a wok or large saucepan, reserving the coconut milk. Add the curry paste and cook over a medium heat, stirring, for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the hot stock and coconut milk. Stir in the lime leaves, galangal, chicken and aubergines and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is slightly reduced and thickened.
- Stir in the basil, lime juice and fish sauce, adding more if necessary. Ladle the curry into bowls and serve with steamed jasmine rice.
- To freeze: freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw and add more fresh basil to serve.