- 1 garlic clove
- 2 anchovy fillets in olive oil, drained
- 1 tsp capers, rinsed
- 1 shallot or small red onion, finely diced
- 6 cornichons, finely diced
- 1 tbsp English or Dijon mustard
- Handful each fresh flatleaf parsley, mint, tarragon or basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine or sherry vinegar
1. Chop the garlic, anchovies and capers to a near paste. Stir the shallot or onion and cornichons into the mix, then add the mustard and the chopped herbs. Add the oil and stir well. Stir in the vinegar, adding more if you like it sharper, and serve with a steak or piece of seared fresh tuna.
- You must chop everything by hand as the texture should be quite rough.