2 whole mackerel, filleted into 4 (ask your fishmonger to do this)
2 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 small lemon
1 garlic clove, crushed
Small handful flatleaf parsley
100g piece chorizo, roughly chopped
Wild rocket, to serve
1. Parboil the potatoes (in their skins) in salted water until just tender to the centre. Drain and cool slightly.
2. Put the mackerel in a shallow dish. Mix together the oil, lemon juice, garlic and roughly chopped parsley and pour over the fish. Season and toss together. Peel and discard the skin from the potatoes, then chop into bite-sized pieces.
3. Preheat the grill. Heat a large frying pan and cook the chorizo over a high heat for 2 minutes until the oil starts to run. Stir in the potatoes and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring, until golden and crisp in places.
4. When the potato hash is nearly cooked, lift the fish from the marinade on to a grill rack and season. Grill for 5-8 minutes, until the skin is golden and the flesh is cooked through.
- A simple Spanish dry white is a safe bet, or a chilled, very dry, pale sherry.