- 4-5 tbsp goose fat (from roasting the goose)
- 1kg small new potatoes, halved if large
- 2-3 fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves picked, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Spoon the goose fat into a large shallow roasting tin and place in the oven for 5-10 minutes to heat up.
- Meanwhile, scrape the rounded surface of each potato with a fork to make deep grooves in the surface. Carefully add the potatoes to the hot fat, scatter with most of the rosemary and some sea salt, then roast for 45 minutes, turning now and then, until golden and crunchy. Remove, drain on kitchen paper, then serve, scattered with more sea salt and rosemary.