- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 4 skinless duck breasts
- 2 carrots
- Bunch spring onions
- 1 small head Chinese leaf
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Thai fragrant rice, boiled or steamed, to serve
- In a large bowl, mix together the honey and soy sauce. Slice the duck and toss in the honey marinade. Set aside for 5 minutes. Cut the carrots and spring onions into thin strips. Finely shred the Chinese leaf.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Lift the duck from the marinade (reserve the marinade) and stir-fry for 2 minutes until browned all over. Remove and set aside. Add the carrot and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the spring onion, Chinese leaf and browned duck. Pour over the marinade and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes – the duck should still be a little pink in the middle (if using chicken, make sure it is cooked through). Season to taste and serve with cooked rice.
- Some supermarkets sell skinless duck breasts. If you can’t find any, buy duck breasts with skin and simply remove it yourself. This recipe works equally well with chicken.
- A medium-dry, honeyed white works brilliantly – try Vouvray or a good, off-dry German Riesling.