- 1 cucumber
- ½ small bunch of fresh dill, chopped
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar.
- 4 hot smoked trout fillets
- Boiled new potatoes and a dollop of mayonnaise, to serve
- Halve and deseed the cucumber and thinly slice into half moons. In a large bowl, toss the cucumber slices with fresh dill, caster sugar and rice wine vinegar.
- Serve the salad with the trout fillets, broken into pieces, some hot buttered new potatoes and a dollop of mayonnaise.
- Ice-cold vodka shots are fun here, or try chilled, dry fino sherry.