- 1 small, firm-textured ciabatta, torn into small chunks
- 5 large ripe vine tomatoes, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 3 x 125g tubs buffalo mozzarella balls, drained and torn into 2cm pieces
- 2 good handfuls fresh basil leaves
- 125ml good extra-virgin olive oil
- Good, aged balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Put the ciabatta into a salad bowl. Add the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and oil. Gently toss and season.
- Divide the salad between bowls or plates. Drizzle over the balsamic vinegar to taste and serve immediately.
- Go for a youthful, lively white wine with no oakiness. Top-notch examples of Soave have lovely, lemony flavours.