- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 turkey breast steaks
- 3 tbsp fresh red or green pesto
- 200g carton half-fat crème fraîche
- 1 baguette, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 ripe, plum tomatoes, sliced
- Small bag baby leaf salad
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a griddle pan. Season the turkey and cook over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes, turning, until lightly charred and cooked through. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, lightly mix the pesto into the crème fraîche and season to taste. Split each baguette piece in half lengthways, to give 8 halves. Brush the cut-side with the remaining oil, then griddle or toast under a hot grill in batches until golden.
- Assemble the sandwiches. Spread a little pesto and crème fraîche sauce on 4 baguette halves, then top with sliced tomatoes. Top with a turkey breast, add a handful of salad leaves and another spoonful of the pesto and crème fraîche sauce. Top each sandwich and serve.
- Choose a light red wine or simply go for a some chilled cranberry juice – both are fabulous with turkey.