- 2 tsp Jamaican jerk seasoning (we used Walkerswood)
- 4 pork loin steaks or chops
- 1 small, ripe mango
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- 1 dessert apple, cored and diced
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp mild olive oil
- Small handful fresh mint, chopped
- Small bag herb leaf salad, to serve
- Lightly smear the jerk seasoning all over the pork steaks, then set aside.
- Make the salsa. Peel, stone and dice the mango. Put into a bowl, along with the tomato and apple. Add the orange juice and olive oil, season and mix together. Stir in the mint.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan. Cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Remove from the heat, divide the steaks between 2 plates and serve with spoonfuls of salsa and the herb salad.
- This dish needs a really fruity white or red, such as Chardonnay or Pinot Noir.