- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp each cumin seeds, ground coriander and garam masala
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 400g lamb leg steaks, cut into cubes
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- A handful chopped fresh coriander
- A dollop of natural yogurt and naan bread or steamed basmati rice, to serve
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion and garlic cloves,for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add 2 tsp each cumin seeds, ground coriander and garam masala and 1 tsp chilli flakes and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the lamb leg steaks and brown all over. Pour in the chopped tomatoes, add a splash of water and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in a handful chopped fresh coriander and serve with a dollop of natural yogurt and naan bread or steamed basmati rice, if you like.
- Follow the recipe but cook the lamb and spices, adding a few crushed cardamom pods, for an extra 15 minutes. Replace the tomatoes with a 200g tub plain yogurt and 2 tbsp ground almonds and cook for 5 more minutes for a delicious, mild curry.