- 9 fresh lasagne sheets
- 700g frozen rich beef ragù, defrosted (see recipe)
- 25g freshly grated Parmesan
- 200g mascarpone
For the béchamel sauce
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 600ml whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Make the béchamel sauce. Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook over a gentle heat for 1 minute. Take off the heat and gradually whisk in the milk, until smooth. Return to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Reduce to a simmer and stir for 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Spread a little béchamel sauce in the base of a deep, about 2.25-litre ovenproof dish. Arrange 3 lasagne sheets on top, then top with a little more of the béchamel. Top with half the ragù and a little grated Parmesan, then top with a layer of 3 lasagne sheets. Spread with some more béchamel, then the remaining ragù and a little more grated Parmesan. Arrange the remaining 3 lasagne sheets on top, then spread with the remaining béchamel.
- Dot the lasagne with dollops of mascarpone, then scatter over the remaining Parmesan. Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes or until bubbling and golden – cover with foil if the top is browning too much.