- 150g reduced-fat butter (we used Lurpak Lighter Spreadable), plus extra for greasing
- 150g ready-to-eat, soft, stoned dates
- 3 tbsp apple juice
- 30g toasted whole hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 100g ready-to-eat dried apricots, finely chopped
- 225g porridge oats
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5. Grease and line a shallow 17.5cm-square tin with baking paper.
- Put the dates and apple juice in a food processor and whizz until smooth. Melt the butter in a large pan over a low heat. Add the date purée and all the other ingredients. Stir well, then press into the tin with damp hands. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until just golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Cut into squares in the tin. Cool completely before turning out and cutting again to separate.