- 150g raspberries
- 50g icing sugar
- 4 tbsp blackcurrant cordial
- 250g mascarpone
- 142ml carton double cream
- 100g pink marshmallows, snipped into pieces using wet scissors
- 50g Cadbury’s Crunchie Nuggets or 2 Curly Wurly bars, chopped
- 16 rectangular ice cream wafers
- Empty the raspberries into a bowl and sieve over the icing sugar. Pour over the cordial and mash with a fork until pulpy. Stir in the mascarpone.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the cream to soft peaks then fold into the raspberry mixture with the marshmallows and chocolate pieces. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Using the chilled mixture, sandwich the wafers together. Eat straightaway, or wrap each in greaseproof paper and freeze for a few hours until firm – the wafers will soften as a result of freezing but the texture of the ice cream is worth the sacrifice.
- Try crumbling a bar of flaky chocolate (or toasted desiccated coconut or chopped nuts) on to a plate then dip the 4 sides of the sandwich into the chocolate, coconut or nuts so it sticks to the filling.