- 1 medium (250g) sirloin steak
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 410g tin cannellini beans
- 410g tin borlotti beans
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped into chunks
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan or griddle over a high heat. Season the steak and brush with a little olive oil. Fry for 1-2 minutes each side for medium-rare (or longer if you like), then set aside to rest.
- Put the sliced onion in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 2-3 minutes, then drain and refresh with cold water.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Heat in a pan of boiling salted water for
- 1 minute, drain, then put in a bowl. Whisk the lime juice with the garlic, then season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar. Gradually whisk in the oil, then pour over the beans.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the beans and toss well to combine. 5. Slice the steak and add it with any of its juices to the salad, then serve.
- Make it veggie: In step 1, swap the steak for 250g halloumi, sliced and fried until golden.