1 medium (250g) sirloin steak
Olive oil for brushing
1 red onion, finely sliced
410g tin cannellini beans
410g tin borlotti beans
Juice of 1 lime
1 garlic clove, crushed
4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 red chilli, finely chopped
10-12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 avocados, peeled and chopped into chunks
Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
1. Heat a heavy-based frying pan or griddle over a high heat. Season the steak and brush with a little olive oil. Fry for 1-2 minutes each side for medium-rare (or longer if you like), then set aside to rest.
2. Put the sliced onion in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 2-3 minutes, then drain and refresh with cold water.
3. Drain and rinse the beans. Heat in a pan of boiling salted water for
1 minute, drain, then put in a bowl. Whisk the lime juice with the garlic, then season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar. Gradually whisk in the oil, then pour over the beans.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to the beans and toss well to combine. 5. Slice the steak and add it with any of its juices to the salad, then serve.
- Make it veggie: In step 1, swap the steak for 250g halloumi, sliced and fried until golden.