4 medium (about 180-200g each) sweet potatoes
150g natural yogurt
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
Small bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
Finely grated zest of 1 lime, plus extra lime halves, to serve
1 tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp mild chilli powder
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp mild olive oil
4 boneless pork loin steaks
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and cook for 45 minutes, until soft. Cover with foil and keep warm. While they're cooking, mix the yogurt with the chilli, coriander and lime zest.
2. Preheat the grill to medium. Mix the cumin, paprika, chilli powder, garlic, sugar and oil together in a large bowl. Add the pork and turn to coat. Place the pork steaks, spaced apart, on a foil-lined baking tray and grill for about 6 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked but still juicy.
3. Cut the sweet potatoes into wedges and serve with the grilled pork steaks, a lime half and the yogurt on the side. Add a mixed salad, if you like.
- Increase the chilli powder in the spicy pork rub if you prefer more heat or leave it out altogether for a mildly spiced chop. You can FREEZE the coated and uncooked pork steaks in a food bag for up to 1 month. Defrost thoroughly before grilling as per recipe.
- Partner this with a white – a fairly rich, fruity Chardonnay from South Africa or California works best with the pork and lime yogurt.