- 150g thin almond biscuits
- 25g butter, melted
- 4 limes
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 4 tbsp rum
- Large handful of fresh mint leaves, plus extra to decorate
- 400g cottage cheese
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 150ml whipping cream
- Break up the almond biscuits: put them in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin (or pulse in a food processor until finely crushed).
- Stir in the melted butter until combined. Spoon the mixture into 6 glasses, pressing down well. Chill while you make the filling.
- Finely grate the zest and squeeze the juice from 3 limes. Heat the sugar and 5 tablespoons of water in a s mall saucepan, stirring until dissolved. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes without stirring. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice and zest, rum and mint and set aside to cool.
- Press the cottage cheese through a sieve into a bowl, then beat the mascarpone (or put in a food processor with the mascarpone and whizz until smooth).
- Strain the lime and mint syrup through a sieve onto the cheese mixture and beat well until smooth and creamy. Spoon on to the biscuit base and chill for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, beat the whipping cream until thick and put a spoonful on each cheesecake. Slice the remaining lime into thin rounds and the rest in the blobs of cream. Decorate with the extra mint sprigs.