- 300g lamb neck, excess fat removed, diced
- 200g ready-to-sauté soffritto or make your own: finely chop onion, carrot and celery
- 1 heaped tbsp Gourmet Garden Moroccan Fresh Blend seasoning
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 70g soft pitted prunes, chopped
- 2 large filo pastry sheets, halved
- Knob of butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Season the lamb, add to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until browned all over. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the soffrito mix and cook for 3 minutes to soften. Stir through the Moroccan seasoning and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Return the lamb to the pan, then stir through the chopped tomatoes and prunes. Bring to a simmer, then spoon into 2 x 400ml pie pots.
- Brush the sheets of filo with melted butter, scrunch each filo sheet individually and use to top the pies. Pop the pies in the oven for 20 minutes or until the filo is golden and crisp.
- These pies also work with puff or shortcrust pastry.