- 175g flat rice noodles
- 3½ tbsp sunflower oil
- 12 large raw prawns, peeled, with tail shells left on
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 4 tbsp roasted salted peanuts
- 6 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- 50g beansprouts
- Cook the noodles according to the pack instructions. Drain and toss with 1/2 tablespoon oil.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a large deep frying pan or wok. Add the prawns and stir-fry for 11/2 minutes. Add the garlic and chilli and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Pour in the beaten eggs and stir-fry for a few seconds until they look scrambled, then lower the heat and add the noodles, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar. Toss together for 1 minute until the noodles are hot, then add the peanuts, spring onions and beansprouts. Toss together for 1 minute and serve.