- 40g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 large courgettes, sliced
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 4 salmon fillets
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Heat the butter and half the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the courgettes and parsley and fry for 5 minutes until tender and just turning golden. Drain, put into a dish and add the lemon juice and chives. Season and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan over a medium-high heat, season the salmon fillets with salt, pepper and the cayenne, then fry for 4-5 minutes each side until just cooked. Drizzle the courgettes with a little more olive oil and serve with the salmon, and some crusty bread or new potatoes.
- Look out for salmon (or another type of fish, if you fancy) that is Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) approved. This fish dish is great with new potatoes.