A slimmed down version of the universal favourite-pizza. Here, we saved 163kcals per portion. Huzzah!
- 125g strong white bread flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 100g strong wholemeal bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp (4g) fast-action yeast
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp olive oil, plus extra to grease
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 150ml passata
- 125g mozzarella, drained and torn
- Good handful of wild rocket
- 4 Parma ham slices, roughly torn
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Leafy green salad to serve
- 1. Sift the white flour and salt into a large bowl, stir in the wholemeal flour and yeast, then make a well in the centre. Add 150-160ml warm water and bring together into a soft, slightly sticky dough with the back of a table knife.
- 2. Knead the dough vigorously on a lightly dusted work surface for 5-10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Return to the cleaned bowl, cover with cling film and leave in a warm place for about an hour until doubled in size. Meanwhile, toss the veg, rosemary, oil and garlic in a bowl. Season well and set aside.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Knead the dough briefly, halve and shape into 2 evenly sized balls. Stretch and roll each to make a rough 25cm circle. Ease the bases onto 2 floured non-stick rimless baking sheets.
- 4. Spread the bases with passata, leaving a 1cm border. Cover with the veg and scatter over the mozzarella. Leave to rise for 5-10 minutes, then bake on the sheets for 12-15 minutes until crisp and golden.
- 5. Slide onto chopping boards and scatter with rocket and Parma ham. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, cut into wedges, then serve with a leafy salad.
Per serving: 336kcals, 9.9g fat (5.1 saturated), 16.7g protein, 44.4g carbs (4.6g sugars), 1.3g salt, 6.2 fibre
For instant pizzas, make the dough up to the end of step 4, wrap in cling film, then foil, and freeze for up to a month. Defrost in the fridge overnight and continue with the recipe.
More recipe ideas
Cost-conscious supper recipes
Quick pasta recipes
Shortcut supper recipes
One-hour menu recipes
30 minute Thai menu