- 400g pasta shapes, such as large shells (from major supermarkets)
- Glug of olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 75-100g sliced chorizo, cut into strips
- 200g fresh or frozen peas
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus a squeeze of lemon juice
- 75ml crème fraîche
- 50g Pecorino shavings
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, then drain and toss with a little of the cooking water and the olive oil.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a pan and gently fry the shallots for 5 minutes or until beginning to crisp. Add the chorizo, cook until crisp, then mix into the pasta. Blanch the peas in a pan of boiling water, then add to the pasta with the lemon zest and juice and crème fraîche. Mix well and serve, sprinkled with the Pecorino.