- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 150g green beans
- Small bag of salad leaves
- 2-3 smoked peppered mackerel fillets
- Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful vegetable crisps, crushed
- Whisk the olive oil and lemon juice, season and set aside.
- Cook the green beans in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, until just tender, then refresh under cold water, drain and cut in half. Tip the salad leaves into a large bowl and add the beans.
- Peel off the skin from the mackerel fillets and tear the flesh into bite-size pieces. Add to the salad with the tomatoes.
- Add the dressing and toss well. Divide between 2 large plates and scatter with the vegetable crisps to serve