- 550g plums, quartered and stoned
- 3 Bramley apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- 50g golden caster sugar
For the crumble
- 75g butter
- 170g plain flour
- 30g oat flakes
- 75g golden caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Divide the plums and apples between 6 x 300ml bowls or a 1.2-litre pie dish and sprinkle with the caster sugar.
- Make the crumble. Rub the butter into the flour and oats just until the mixture resembles very coarse breadcrumbs (rub it in too much and the topping won’t be crunchy), then mix in the sugar.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the fruit and bake for 15 minutes for small crumbles or 30-45 minutes for a large crumble, or until cooked and golden. Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.